When choosing a coffin or casket it can be very difficult but we will do all we can to assist you. Our selection offers a range of styles and materials and you are sure to find one that suits your needs.
Coffins have been constructed from wood for many centuries but recent years have seen the construction of coffins and caskets from an alternative selection of materials such as metal, wicker, cardboard and bamboo. Wood coffins are typically suited to a traditional funeral with wicker and cardboard coffins serving as suitable for outdoor and eco-friendly funerals.
Types of coffins and caskets:
- Metal coffins are made from stainless steel and are extremely durable.
- Solid wood coffins are usually made from oak. Typical features include metal handles and carved flourishes. Engravings and decals are sometimes added in order to personalise the casket.
- Chipboard coffins serve as a cheaper alternative to wood coffins but have a similar appearance. They are lighter in weight and are usually fitted with metal or replica metal handles.
- Cardboard coffins are biodegradable, lightweight and affordable.
- Wicker coffins are biodegradable and prove ideal for a burial on private land or an environmentally friendly funeral.
We do all we can to help the members of the community with selecting the right coffin for their personal needs and those of the deceased. If you find the selection process too difficult, we offer a beautifully finished coffin that we are confident will serve as an ideal choice.